Warm Spinach Cheese Bites
Enjoy a break from the oridinary. These Italian-style appetizers top crackers with garlic-infused spinach, Parmesan cheese and bits of bell peppers.
Prep Time: 20
Total Time: 25
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/4 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 1/4 cups shredded fresh Asiago or Parmesan cheese
- 16 Kellogg's® Club® Original Crackers
- 16 Kellogg's® Town House® Original Crackers
- Yellow or red bell pepper strips
1. In large skillet cook garlic in hot oil about 30 seconds or until fragrant. Stir in Italian seasoning and salt. Add spinach. Toss spinach in skillet for 1 to 3 minutes or until wilted. In colander drain spinach, pressing with back of spoon to remove excess moisture.
2. In small bowl toss together spinach and cheese. Place crackers on baking sheet. Spoon some of spinach mixture on each cracker. Bake at 375°F about 5 minutes or until hot. Garnish with strips of bell pepper. Serve immediately.