Roasted Asparagus and Parmesan Bites
Fresh asparagus in brightly flavored vinaigrette tops the Parmesan cheese on these savory cracker appetizers.
- 6 large asparagus spears
- 4 teaspoons basil infused olive oil, divided*
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 4 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 piece (3 oz.) Parmesan cheese
- 24 Kelloggs® Town House® Original Crackers
1. Snap off and discard woody bases from asparagus. Scrape scales off stalks. Use sharp knife to lengthwise halve asparagus spears. In shallow baking pan spread asparagus in even layer. Drizzle with 3 teaspoons of the oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 450° F for 4 to 5 minutes or until tender.
2. Transfer asparagus to cutting board. When cool enough to handle, cut stalks into 1-inch pieces, reserving intact asparagus tips for garnish. In medium bowl toss together asparagus stalks, vinegar and remaining 1 teaspoon oil.
3. Use vegetable peeler to cut cheese into very thin slices. Top Kelloggs® Town House® Original Crackers with cheese pieces. Arrange asparagus stalks, cut side down, on top. Garnish with asparagus tips. Serve immediately.
*NOTE: If desired, substitute 4 teaspoons olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon dried basil leaves for the basil infused olive oil.