Sweet Potato Hummus
Sweet potato, spiced with paprika, cumin, garlic and ground red pepper, lends a new flavor to traditional hummus.
- 1 medium sweet potato (about 10 to 12 oz.)
- 1 can (15 oz.) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt or salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Sliced green onion (optional)
- Kellogg's® Town House® Pita Crackers Sea Salt
1. Prick skin of sweet potato. Microwave at high for 4 to 6 minutes or until tender. Let cool for 5 minutes. Lengthwise cut potato in half. Use spoon to scoop pulp from potato.
2. In food processor combine potato pulp, garbanzo beans, lemon juice, tahini, olive oil, water, garlic, salt, paprika, cumin and red pepper. Cover and process until nearly smooth.
3. Transfer sweet potato mixture to serving bowl. Garnish with green onion (if desired). Serve with Kellogg's® Town House® Pita Crackers Sea Salt.