Pub Cheese Dip
Remember that cheese spread from your favorite Irish pub—the one you can’t stop eating? Now you can pull it off at home with the most basic of ingredients. Just combine a good Irish cheddar with cream cheese for texture. Then add beer, mustard, paprika and garlic for flavor.
- 1 pound Irish cheddar cheese, broken into chunks
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup lager beer or non-alcoholic beer
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Town House® FlipSides® Original crackers
1. Place cheese in food processor bowl. Cover and pulse until cheese becomes crumbles. Add cream cheese, beer, mustard, paprika and garlic powder. Cover and process until smooth, stopping processor and scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
2. Serve cheese spread with Town House® FlipSides® Original crackers. (Store any leftover cheese spread, covered, in the refrigerator. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.)
Yield: 3 1/4 cups; 26 servings; (1 serving = 2 tablespoons plus 4 crackers)