Chef John's Fresh Peach Chutney
Chutney, made from peaches, onion, chili pepper and spices, adds verve to the tops of Keebler® Town House® Original crackers.
- 3 large fresh peaches, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 3 cups)*
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon seeded and finely chopped red Fresno chili pepper or jalapeño pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon five-spice powder (optional)
- Dash ground red pepper (optional)
- Dash salt (optional)
- Keebler® Town House® Original crackers
1. In heavy saucepan combine peaches, onion, rice vinegar, cider vinegar, sugar, chili pepper and five spice powder. Stir in red pepper and salt (if desired). Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 35 to 45 minutes or until fruit loses its shape and mixture thickens slightly, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Let stand for 1 hour.
2. Transfer fruit mixture to bowl. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours. Serve with KEEBLER TOWN HOUSE Original crackers.
*Note: If desired, substitute 3 cups frozen, unsweetened peach slices for the fresh peaches. Prepare as directed above, except during simmering, use potato masher to slightly crush peach slices.
Recipe developed by Chef John Mitzewich.