Pesto Cheese Terrine
Use the convenience of two kinds of purchased pesto--sun-dried tomato and basil--to flavor the different-colored layers of this spectacular, tri-color spread.
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened, divided
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped almonds, toasted
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons prepared sun-dried tomato pesto
- 3 tablespoons prepared basil pesto
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
- Keebler® Town House® Original crackers
1. Line 5 x 3 x 1 1/2-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap, allowing plastic wrap to extend beyond edges of pan.
2. In small bowl stir together 4 ounces of cream cheese, almonds, onion and lemon peel. In another small bowl combine 4 ounces of cream cheese and tomato pesto. In third small bowl combine remaining cream cheese, basil pesto and 1 tablespoon of parsley.
3. Evenly press tomato mixture into lined pan. Evenly spread almond mixture over top. Spoon basil mixture over almond mixture. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours to 2 days.
4. Invert pan onto serving platter to remove cheese from pan. Remove plastic wrap. Press remaining parsley on sides and top of terrine. Serve with crackers.
YIELD: 15 servings
*NOTE: Basil pesto and sun-dried tomato pesto are available in the deli sections of many supermarkets. Disposable aluminum 5 x 3 x 1 1/2-inch loaf pans are available in many markets.